Thursday, December 24, 2009

The End .

Knowing that almost every Jodi Picoult books ends with a bang and a box of tissues at your side, I have procrastinated finishing this book until today.
So without further waiting, I must say that I loved this book all in all, and in general, I love Jodi Picoult's style of writing, but I was a bit disappointed with the ending. It was an expected ending (SPOILER ALERT) with Charlotte winning the lawsuit, and (I hate to say it) Willow dying. There's a slightly repetitive pattern with Picoult books in this way. Just like in "My Sister's Keeper", one of the essential characters die, and they win the lawsuit. I mean, I think the ending had a strong base, but she could've built it up more to make it more unexpected. Also, the part where Willow passes away, that part passed by so fast (in less that 3 pages) that I did not feel the complete impact of her death on the family and what happened from there on.

Otherwise, I loved the rest of the book, especially the dialogue between the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment